Authors: Brian Lynch1, Hope Perry1
Research Team: Michael Moodie2
1Elders Rural Services Loxton, 2Moodie Agronomy
Funded By: Elders Rural Services Limited
Project Title: Assessing Russian Wheat Aphid control and prevention methods in Loxton SA (ELDERS)
- The effect on yield was comparable to the effect on the number of affected tillers.
- All of the seed applied insecticides reduced the number of affected tillers.
- The greatest effect on yield was detected with Pontiac, Evergol Energy + Gaucho and Vibrance + Cruiser 350FS. Evergol Energy and Gaucho had the highest yield effect and the highest reduction in tillers affected.
- Yields varied from 1.9 tonnes per hectare to 2.374 tonnes per hectare.
- The proportions of affected tillers ranged from 0.24% (Evergol Energy + Gaucho) to 28% (untreated).